At CES 2023, Belkin announced major changes to its most popular chargers. After two years of work, the company has discovered how to use up to 75% recycled plastic for its best-selling products.
Belkin shared the news in a press release accompanying the new product showcase at CES:
Belkin has deliberately chosen post-consumer recycled plastic (PCR); Because he wanted to give them a new life and take significant steps in this direction by reducing dependence on virgin plastics.
Below, you can see the list of the first Belkin products that will be launched with the new material in 2023:
- BOOST↑CHARGE™ Magnetic Wireless Car Charger 10W
- BOOST↑CHARGE™ USB-C PD 3.0 PPS Wall Charger 25W
- BOOST↑CHARGE™ Dual USB-C PD Wall Charger 40W
- BOOST↑CHARGE™ PRO 4-Port GaN Charger 108W
- BOOST↑CHARGE™ PRO Dual USB-C® GaN Wall Charger with PPS 45W
- BOOST↑CHARGE™ PRO Dual USB-C® GaN Wall Charger with PPS 65W
It is said that from an aesthetic, quality and engineering standpoint, there will be little difference between the existing Belkin products and the PCR-made ones. These new products will be featured on the website with tags such as “Made with recycled plastic products” or “100% plastic-free packaging.”
We hope that the recent actions of companies can help to improve the environment.