Solving the problem of not syncing Apple Watch with iPhone
Many Apple users have experienced the problem of voices not syncing between Apple Watch and iPhone. Ideally, when You use the same Apple ID for your Apple devices, all audio files recorded with your watch must be synced with your other Apple devices; But unfortunately, everything is not always so easy. If you encounter the problem of not syncing audio files from First Watch to iPhone, check the solutions below.
Not synchronizing Apple Watch audio files with iPhone
The Voice memos app on Apple Watch automatically syncs any audio files recorded on the Watch to your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and any iOS device that uses the same Apple ID as the Watch.
You should know that voices recorded on iPhone, iPad and Mac are not synchronized with your watch; Because the watch has limited storage space and Apple doesn’t want to use that memory for audio files created on other devices. In the following, we will teach you all the methods that may be useful to solve the problem of voice not syncing between Apple Watch and iPhone.
1. Using the same Apple ID and connecting to iCloud
Before any action, make sure that your iPhone and Apple Watch use the same Apple ID and are connected to iCloud. To make sure the Voice Memos app uses iCloud:
- Go to Settings, tap your profile, and sign in to iCloud.
- Click show all in the Apps using iCloud section.
- From the menu, find the Voice Memos option. If it is not active, check it and if it is active, turn it off once and turn it on again after 20 seconds.
- After doing this, wait a few minutes for the device to sync your voice memos.
Don’t forget to make sure that iCloud has enough storage space available. If there is not enough storage space, your device will not be able to sync voice memos.
2. Updating device software
It is necessary to be updated to the latest version of the released software for both Apple Watch and iPhone devices. You need to make sure that the iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS and the Apple Watch to the latest version of WatchOS.
3. Stable Wi-Fi connection
Make sure your iPhone and Apple Watch are connected to stable Wi-Fi. Otherwise, turn on Wi-Fi on both devices and wait for the data to sync.
4. Renaming Apple Watch audio files
The same file name often causes problems with iCloud syncing. Try changing the name of the voices recorded with the Apple Watch from Apple’s default mode, which is Recording 2 on all devices, to the watch.
5. Enable Background App Refresh
Voice memos may not sync if you’ve disabled Background App Refresh.
Some users turn off this option to save iPhone battery power; But if you want your audio files to sync, you need to turn it on. You don’t need to turn this option on for all applications; You can enable it only for the Voice Memo app. To turn on Background App Refresh:
- Go to iPhone settings.
- Select General and go to Background App Refresh.
- Find the Voice Memos app and make sure it’s turned on. If it’s off, turn it on and make sure it’s green.
- If Voice Memos is already turned on, turn it off, wait, and turn it back on after a while.
6. Controlling devices
The classic method of mastering usually helps to solve simple problems of digital devices. If the above methods do not work, restart the Apple Watch and iPhone once and then check the Voice Memos program.
7. Reset Apple Watch sync data
If your Apple Watch audio files still don’t show up in the iPhone’s Voice Memos app, we need to force the iPhone and watch to sync again.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone and select the My Watch tab.
- Select General and tap Reset.
- Click on the Reset Sync Data option.
When the sync data between the watch and the phone is reset, certain data will be deleted from the Apple Watch and then re-synced and refreshed from the iPhone.
8. Re-pair Apple Watch with iPhone
If you still have the problem of voice not syncing between Apple Watch and iPhone, you need to pair Apple Watch with iPhone again. When you unpair your watch from iPhone, almost all of your data, including audio files, is automatically backed up.
While this method worked for me, some users have reported that they lost all of their Apple Watch voice memos. So, if you have important voice memos saved on your Apple Watch that aren’t saved elsewhere, please don’t do this.
While this trick may work, it’s only a temporary fix and sometimes the problem may reoccur. To re-pair Apple Watch with iPhone, follow the steps below:
- To unpair your Apple Watch, go to the Watch app and select All Watches.
- on the icon i tap Then click Unpair Apple Watch.
- After you confirm that you want to unpair, iPhone creates a new backup of your Apple Watch. Use this backup to restore your Apple Watch.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID password to disable iCloud Watch Activation Lock.
- After unpairing, you need to pair the Apple Watch with your iPhone again and restore the most recent backup by tapping Restore from Backup.
9. Offload Voice Memos program
According to reports, offloading the Voice Memos app on iPhone can be a good idea to solve the problem. When you offload an app, the app is deleted but all its documents and data are kept. So by offloading Voice Memos, your iPhone should keep all your saved audio files.
When you offload Voice Memos from your iPhone, the app is also removed from your Apple Watch, along with any Voice Memos that weren’t previously synced to your iPhone or iCloud.
So if your watch has important audio files that are not stored elsewhere and you can’t lose them, don’t hesitate to try this solution. To offload Voice Memos, follow the steps below:
- Open iPhone settings.
- Go to General and tap on iPhone Storage.
- Scroll through the list of apps and find Voice Memos.
- Tap Offload App and confirm the message.
- Wait for the iPhone to finish offloading and then tap Reinstall App.
- Open the Voice Memos app on your iPhone and enable iCloud syncing.
- Open the app on the watch and record a voice to test. If your iPhone still won’t sync your Apple Watch voices, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the Voice Memo app.
10. Uninstall and reinstall Voice Memos
If offloading doesn’t solve the problem of voice not syncing between Apple Watch and iPhone, maybe reinstalling the app can be the final solution. According to many users, deleting the program and reinstalling it has helped to solve this problem; But it has a price. This will delete all your current audio files.