Printing with iPhone and iPad (the fastest method)
This AirPrint-enabled printer will then be added to your list of preferred devices and appear as an option to print to whenever you’re in range.
Other software for printing with iPhone and iPad
Not all printers have the AirPrint feature, especially if they are a bit older. However, if your printer has wireless capabilities, you should still be able to print wirelessly from it. To do this, you just need to find and download your printer app in the App Store.
If you have an HP printer, the app HP Smart Download on your iPhone or iPad. For Canon printers, the app Canon PRINT InkJet Download the
To set up a printer without AirPrint on your iPhone or iPad and use it to print with your iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Install the printer program and open it in the phone.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi printer.
- Go to your phone or tablet settings and tap Wi-Fi.
- Find your printer and tap on it.
- Go to the document, image, or web page you want to print, then the icon to print from your iPhone Share press the
- You should now be able to connect the printer through the app and start printing.
Print with iPhone with USB cable
To print with an iPhone to a printer that doesn’t have wireless capabilities, you need to use a piece of hardware as a workaround. You need a USB cable and a USB OTG to connect your iPhone to the USB cable.
To print with an iPhone with a USB cable, follow the steps below:
- Turn on your printer and connect one end of the USB cable to the printer and the other end to the OTG. Connect the other end of OTG to your iPhone or iPad.
- A small window will appear on your iPhone or iPad; Roy Ok tap
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to the document you want to print and click the button Share tap
- In the sharing menu or Share option Print Choose.
- On the Printer Options page, the connected printer should appear next to Printer.
- To start printing with iPhone on Print Tap in the upper right corner.