Interesting and essential Android clipboard tricks
If you don’t have Android 13, there’s an easy way to share text with other computers, which we’ll cover in the next trick.
5. End-to-end clipboard synced across multiple devices
Setting up the clipboard memory sharing in Android 13 seems very simple and practical, but there is a more versatile way to connect the clipboard of Android phones to the clipboard memory of all kinds of computers.
This method can be implemented using a small and light program called Clipt.
- All you have to do is install Clipt on your phone. Next, install the Chrome Mobile extension on whatever computer you’re using. This means that you can use the extension on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Log in to your account on your browser and Clipt app. Now anything you copy from a source on your computer will be instantly available on your Android device’s clipboard.
In addition, you can send text from Android to your computer. Although an extra step is required to do this; Because Android has more security measures than desktop operating systems in this scenario.
This trick is one of the most useful features of the Android clipboard that can save you time in doing many things.
6. Connect clipboard and keyboard program
The trick we mentioned is useful for sharing the information in the clipboard to other environments, but what if you want to find the exact text you copied on Android?
The fastest way to access the clipboard of Android phones is to use the very attractive keyboard program GBoard. If you have not used this keyboard before, install it and select it as the default keyboard of your device. Now do the following steps in order:
- Tap on the desired text field on your phone to bring up GBoard.
- If you see the clipboard icon in the top row of the keyboard, tap on it, and if you don’t see such an icon, tap on the three-dot menu in the same area, and then select the clipboard icon in the panel that appears.
- Make sure the small switch in the top right corner of the GBoard UI is turned on. If this option was disabled, tap on it to enable it and then give the necessary permissions to the app if the system asks.
Now do the following settings again before we get the show:
- Tap on the three-dot icon on the top row of the GBoard keyboard to enter its settings.
- Tap Clipboard.
- Make sure all the options that appear on the next screen are enabled.