Excel is one of the most popular and useful software in the world. This program was developed by Microsoft and allows users to organize and format data in the form of rows and columns. It is possible to change the contents of some cells by mistake when working with Excel worksheets. To prevent this from happening, you can lock the desired cells.
In this article, we will teach you how to lock cells and protect data in Excel cells with a password.
How to lock cells in Excel
To lock cells in Excel, follow these steps:
1. Click on the cell or cells you want to lock.
2. To open the Format Cells pop-up window, go to the Home tab of your Excel spreadsheet.
3. Choose Format from the right menu.
4. From the drop-down menu, select Lock Cell.
By default, Excel can lock all cells in your worksheet. However, you can protect your Excel file with a password.
How to lock the worksheet file in Excel
To lock your entire worksheet in Excel, follow the steps below:
1. Right-click on the desired worksheet.
2. Click on Protect Sheet.
3. Enter the desired password.
4. Check the actions you want to allow access to on the worksheet and finally click OK.
How to lock specific cells in Excel
To lock a cell, you must password protect your Excel worksheet.
If you want to lock specific cells in Excel, all cells must be unlocked first.
1. Select all cells.