hanging up the phone; Reasons and best solutions
You may have encountered the problem of hanging your phone while running a game or app, browsing the web in your favorite browser, downloading files, and more. At this time, the phone screen usually freezes and is not responsive to your commands. This problem can be very harmful for your phone as well as your nerves.
If you encounter the problem of the phone hanging several times, you should be alert and look for the cause to save your precious phone and most importantly your valuable information before it’s too late.
In this article, we will help you to get rid of your phone from hanging and from its constant breakdown and falling into the cycle of scrolling through the list. Save the price of the phone.
Tricks to prevent the phone from hanging
The smartphone is one of the most important gadgets that we spend a lot of time working with daily; So it is obvious that we get very nervous and worried when this precious gadget starts to hang.
Almost all smartphones start to hang after prolonged use. A common reason for smartphones to hang is excessive RAM usage. In general, there are many reasons that may cause the phone to hang; That’s why we can’t immediately identify the exact reason. But we can say that the problem of the hang of the smartphone goes back to the internal memory or RAM. If your phone has enough internal memory and RAM, the problem of mobile hanging will be reduced by 89%.
In the following, we will review the most important reasons for the phone to hang and tricks to prevent the phone from hanging. These methods can help you get your phone working again as quickly as possible. Note that the main reasons for hanging phones are almost the same with every brand and operating system; As a result, the methods of solving this problem are very similar. We recommend that after checking the relevant section or your phone model, take a general look at the article again regardless of the phone brand.
The main reasons for Android phones to hang
1. Low RAM capacity
If there is not enough space on the RAM, most of the smartphones lag and freeze. Therefore, we recommend checking the amount of RAM usage before downloading heavy programs. If your phone is running low on RAM, try closing all background apps. A phone with low RAM capacity cannot run multiple programs at the same time. Using multiple apps on a phone with low RAM usually causes the phone to hang, especially when you use it for a long time.
2. Old hardware
Phone hardware is another possible cause of lag. With age, the possibility of the phone slowing down increases; Because old hardware has to deal with more sophisticated and up-to-date operating systems and applications.
3. Not receiving software updates
Software and other apps on your phone release updated versions regularly. These updates usually fix problems you’re experiencing with your phone or specific apps. It is recommended to download and install system updates for your phone to fix the phone hang problems.
4. Lack of storage space
Smartphones have limited storage capacity, so you need to use this space wisely. Data like videos and photos, apps, documents, etc. take up a lot of space on phones. A smartphone needs enough storage space to process tasks without interruption. Using more than 80% of the device’s storage space will most likely cause it to hang.
Overheating of the phone while using it or continuous use of the phone while it heats up will cause your phone to freeze and sometimes freeze. The heat of a smartphone is an important issue that you should always pay attention to.
The high temperature of the phone can cause many problems for it. Damage to the battery is one of the worst consequences of high temperature.
The main reasons for hanging iPhone phones
The main reasons for iPhone hangs are the same as for Android phones. However, it is not bad to know that there are 6 main reasons for the iPhone hanging and not responding:
- The iPhone needs to be restarted.
- The iPhone battery needs to be recharged.
- Your iPhone is running out of storage space.
- There are apps installed on the iPhone that are incompatible with the iPhone software.
- The operating system is old and no software updates have been installed.
- The temperature of the iPhone is too high.
How to fix iPhone hang problem
1. President’s Force
If your iPhone hangs and doesn’t respond when you touch it or freezes when you turn it on, you have no choice but to force reset it. Usually, the problem of iPhone hanging is solved by restarting it. Now check the following according to your iPhone model.
a) The iPhone screen is black or frozen
iPhone 8 and newer models + iPhone SE second and third generation:
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side (Lock) button until you see the Apple logo.
- If your phone won’t turn on, you may need to charge the iPhone for up to an hour.
iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus:
- Press and hold the side (lock) button and the volume down button until you see the Apple logo.
- If your phone does not turn on, charge your phone. You may need to continue charging for up to an hour.
iPhone 6s and previous versions + iPhone SE first generation
- Press and hold the Home button and the Side button or the Up button until you see the Apple logo.
- If your phone does not turn on, charge it first. You may need to continue charging for up to an hour.
b) iPhone turns on but hangs on startup
If you see the Apple logo or a red or blue screen while starting up your iPhone, follow these steps:
1. Connect the iPhone to the computer.
2. Open iTunes, or if you have a Mac running macOS Catalina, open the Finder.
3. Select iPhone on your computer.
4. Once the iPhone is connected, follow the steps in the previous section according to your iPhone model.
5. When you get the option to restore or update, select Update.
6. The computer downloads the software for your device. If this process takes more than 15 minutes, the device will exit recovery mode. At this time, repeat steps 2 to 4 again.
2. Charging the iPhone
If your iPhone hangs and you find that the battery is low, recharging may solve the problem. Connect your device to a power outlet for at least one hour using the original Apple charging cable and adapter. From Know the price of the iPhone.
3. Free up storage space
If you’ve been getting warnings that you don’t have enough storage space, and you’ve recently encountered the iPhone hang problem, you should consider freeing up some storage space.
From Settings, go to General and click on iPhone Storage. Here you can see a list of recommendations for freeing up space, such as offloading unused applications or optimizing photos, and a list of applications and the amount of space used. Follow the on-screen instructions to free up more storage space, or simply tap on any app to delete some of its documents and data.
4. Remove problematic programs
If certain apps are causing your iPhone to hang, you need to uninstall them to get your device working properly. By examining the behavior of the iPhone when running different applications, you can identify and then remove problematic applications.
5. Update the operating system
If the iPhone operating system is old, the phone may hang. So make sure you don’t miss an update.
6. Reset the iPhone
If updating the firmware doesn’t fix the problem, you may have to reset your phone to factory settings. Since this will erase all saved data from your device, you should use this method as a last resort and be sure to back up your device first.
- to settings and then General Go and go Transfer or Reset iPhone tap
- Erase All Content and Settings Select and continue the steps.
Methods of fixing the problem of hanging Android phones
Most of the cases in the above section; That is, the methods of fixing the problem of iPhone hanging are true for Android phones. In the following, we briefly mention these methods:
- Reduce the number of simultaneous running apps.
- Keep your operating system and all apps up to date.
- Do not use animated or live wallpapers, as it directly affects RAM performance.
- If possible, install apps on external storage.
- If possible, move installed apps from internal storage to external storage.
- Delete unnecessary apps and data (such as photos, videos, songs).
- Pay attention to the temperature of the phone and do not let the temperature rise too much.
- Use antivirus software to detect viruses that can significantly slow down your mobile phone.
- If all the above tips do not work, factory reset your phone.
How to fix Samsung phone hang problem
Apply all the methods mentioned above to fix the Android phone hang problem and if you have a problem on how to perform a force restart, follow the steps below or search the web for how to force restart your phone.
Implementation of the presidential force
If your smartphone:
- It hangs and stops
- It does not respond to your calls and requests
- It stays on one screen and does not move
First, just turn on your phone. In most cases, a simple reset can solve many problems. If you cannot access the functions of the screen, you must use the physical buttons to force the default.
For this, in most Android phones, you need to press and hold the power and volume down keys for more than 7 seconds.
Factory reset implementation
If all the above tips do not work, it is recommended to factory reset the phone. A factory reset gives your phone software a fresh start.
read: How to factory reset Xiaomi phone?
Before doing this, make sure that you have backed up your data so that you don’t lose any important data. If you forget to make a backup, the tutorial article Read how to recover phone data after factory reset.
How to fix the problem of Xiaomi phone hanging
As you read throughout the article, the methods to fix the hang problem of different phones are the same. Therefore, to fix the problem of the Xiaomi phone hanging, you must first force-root the phone and if the problem persists, try other methods.
There are no fancy tricks to prevent your phone from freezing. By following all the mentioned methods and preventing them from happening, you can get rid of the phone hanging. In any case, over time, when the phone and its hardware become old and no more software updates are released for it, the hanging of the phone is out of your control.