Finally, after many years of banning the import of cars to Iran, the first vice president announced the approval and regulations of car imports to the relevant institutions.
Who is allowed to import cars?
According to the decree, it is possible to import cars by all natural and legal persons. Of course, imported cars must be offered through the commodity exchange and it is not possible to sell them directly by importers.
The price of imported cars
Two price caps have been set for imported cars: 10,000 euros and 20,000 euros. However, priority has been given to imports with cars priced below 10,000 euros. This price ceiling is announced as FOB (price of the car at the origin), but according to note 2 of paragraph 1, the customs value of the cars will be calculated as SIF (the price at the destination including transportation and insurance).
What cars are imported?
Economic cars are the keywords of the government for car imports. Although this issue has caused the pressure of the car companies of the country and the owners of interests to the decision-makers, but it has limited the selectable range. In the meantime, the mandatory 85 standards for imported cars is a knot that most of the world’s cheap brands are unable to open.
Reputable European, Japanese and Korean brands do not have cars under 10,000 euros in their product portfolio, but in the range of 20,000 euros you can find Nissan Versa, Nissan Sentra, Mitsubishi Mirage, Toyota Yaris, Kia Rio, Hyundai Accent, Kia Forte, Hyundai Elantra and Hyundai Veneo. bought the
How much are the car import duties?
In this resolution, the import tariff has not been determined, and the Ministry of Industry, Mines and Trade has been obliged to take the necessary measures to direct a part of imports towards production and increase domestic manufacturing, with the aim of developing the production of economic cars, while predicting investment and production incentives. Manufacturing inside the importers must also be approved by the Ministry of Industry.
In the resolution, it is stated that the commercial profit rate of imported cars should be determined in such a way that the difference between the basic price and the selling price in the commodity exchange is equivalent to Fair profit be
It was previously said that cars worth less than 10,000 dollars are imported with customs duties below 10%. It is said that the entry fee considered for all-electric and hybrid cars is five percent.
Importing cars to free zones
Car importation for numbering in commercial and industrial free zones is limited to hybrid or fully electric cars. Importers are responsible for investing and setting up charging stations.
Time to start importing cars
Mehdi Dadfar, the secretary of the Automobile Importers Association, believes that it will take at least four months for the automobile to be imported from the time the approval is issued and the final instructions are determined.
Hojatullah Firouzi, a member of the Parliament’s Industries and Mines Commission, said that the executive regulations for car imports will probably be finalized in a month, and said: “The first shipment of foreign cars will enter the country in December this year.”
The full text of the car import regulations
The Board of Ministers approved in the meeting of August 25, 1401 at the suggestion of the Ministry of Industry, Mining and Trade and based on Article 138 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Iran:
1. Car import with The price is below twenty thousand (20000) euros (FOB) is allowed. Import priority with Cars under ten thousand (10,000) euros (fob) is
Note 1- Unloading the car without registering an order and allocating currency is prohibited.
Note 2- The customs value will be calculated based on Article (14) of the Law on Customs Affairs (SIF).
2. Imported cars only in Commodity Exchange Supplied. A working group under the responsibility of the Ministry of Industry, Mining and Trade and the membership of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Finance and the country’s program and budget organization is required to provide the commercial profit rate of imported cars in terms of value (FOB) in such a way that the difference between the base price and the final price in the commodity exchange Equivalent Fair profit be The aforementioned working group is authorized to determine the account of the commercial profit while clearing and determining the definite commercial profit at the time of sale.
3. The Ministry of Industry, Mines and Trade is obliged to take necessary measures to direct a part of imports towards production and increase domestic production, with the aim of developing the production of economic cars up to ten thousand (10,000) euros, while predicting investment and production incentives. The domestic manufacturing program of the importers subject to this paragraph must be approved by the Industry, Mining and Trade Organization.
4. The import of foreign-invested passenger cars (with the approval of the Foreign Investment Organization) is allowed for use in the public transport network. The instructions of this paragraph are compiled and communicated by the Ministry of Industry, Mining and Trade in cooperation with the Ministry of Interior.
5. Car import for numbering Free Zones Commercial-industrial is exclusive to two-power (hybrid) or all-electric vehicles. Importers are responsible for investing and setting up charging stations.
6. The ceiling of foreign exchange resources required for the import of cars subject to this approval, apart from foreign investment, is equal to one billion (1,000,000,000) euros.
7. The foreign exchange sources required for this approval letter will be determined from the source of foreign currency obtained from exports, asset code, foreign investment (with the approval of the foreign investment organization) and other sources approved by the Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
8. The Ministry of Industry, Mining and Trade in cooperation with the Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran (regarding the issues related to that bank) the executive instructions of this approval letter, including how to provide and allocate currency, technical specifications, after-sales services, transfer of technology and determination of technical qualifications and Compiles and communicates the professional of importers.
9. The Ministry of Industry, Mines and Trade is obliged to submit the report on the implementation of this approval letter to the economic coordination headquarters of the government every three months.