IPad users can take advantage of two new tools of this powerful and popular Photoshop software on this tablet. Adobe has added new tools to the mobile version of its popular photo editing software in its major new update; Including Smudge and Sponge. These two new features are now available to iPad Photoshop users.
According to von Arena, the Smudge tool, as its name implies, is used to blur and combine different elements together. This feature is very similar to the desktop version of Smudge, and the user can adjust the size and power of this effect. In addition, users can choose between different modes, including normal, dark, light, color, saturation and brightness.
How to use the Smudge tool in the iPad version of Photoshop
To use the new Smudge tool in the iPad version of Photoshop, follow these steps:
- From the toolbar, tap the Adjustment tools icon to bring up the mentioned tool options, then select Smudge.
- Adjust your brush settings for size, strength and hardness.
- Tap the dot icon to enter the Smudge settings and choose between normal, dark, light, color, saturation, brightness, roundness, and angle options.
- Draw the brush on the area of the image where you want to stain or blend the colors.
The Sponge tool is used to saturate or unsaturate different areas of your composition and add a set of different effects to the image. You can click on this link to get the full Adobe tutorial. In the following, we will explain this tutorial briefly.
How to use the Sponge tool in the iPad version of Photoshop
To use the new Sponge tool in the updated Photoshop for iPad, follow these steps:
- From the toolbar, tap the Adjustment tools icon to display the tool options, then select the Sponge tool.
- Determine your Sponge settings in terms of size, flow and hardness.
- Tap the three-dot icon to display the Sponge settings. In this section, you can set the saturation or saturation mode, the angle and the degree of roundness.
- Draw your brush on the image area where you want to increase or decrease the intensity and vibrancy of the colors.
These new tools have been added to the December 2021 version of Photoshop for the iPad (version 3.2) and you can use them on the iPad by updating this application.
Support for Adobe Camera Raw in Photoshop for iPad
Adobe announced in October that it planned to support Camera Raw in the iPad version of Photoshop. This feature is now enabled and users can adjust the whiteness of Camera RAW images. Here’s how to do it.
How to adjust the white balance in Camera RAW images on iPad
- From the color control section, tap the dropper tool.
- To control the white balance, tap a part of the image and adjust the Temp and Tint accordingly.
Premier Pro Desktop Update
The December version of Premier Pro is available for Mac desktop users (version 22.1.1) with a full suite of new features and functions such as search and replace, spell checking, a completely new global text engine, new tools, professional editing workflows, and more. Includes improved appearance.
Another important change in the Premier Pro is the use of a new hardware accelerator for Macs equipped with Apple’s M1 chip. In terms of hardware acceleration, the export of final files in DCI 4K and 8K HEVC format is now accelerated, and as a result, the overall performance of the software will be much faster. In addition, improvements have been made to Windows Premiere Pro users, making computers with Intel GPUs better at playing video.